The Big Video: 90-minute presentation from YouTube on Cooper Suspect Ken Christiansen

Filmed in the Olympic Mountains back in June 2015, this video presents an extensive evidence package showing that former paratrooper and NWA employee Kenny Christiansen may have hijacked his own airline in November 1971 for $200,000 in cash. That amount is equivelent to just over a million bucks today.


  1. Great video presentation on the Cooper case, and what a story! Got to be one of the great mysteries of our time. There is one question I have though regarding the whereabouts of Christiansen immediately following the hijacking, and what he ended up doing in the months that followed. Did he return to his job at Northwest a few days later (as I assume he did), and if so, when did he finally leave his employment with the company?


    1. Hello Miles. Well, you have to figure Christiansen and Geestman didn’t tell too many people their whereabouts, but this is what we DO know. As you know from the video, KC and Geestman failed to attend Thanksgiving dinner at witness Helen Jones home that year. Geestman’s ex-wife said he left on Tuesday, the day before the hijacking, and did not return until the following Monday or Tuesday. (She wasn’t sure which day he came back) Because Cooper asked for the airstairs to be left down on takeoff, we think he was planning to jump much sooner than he did, probably in the North Pierce County area of Washington. So…if Cooper (or Christiansen) jumped further south down by Ariel, it could have taken a day or two for the men to hook up later.

      About six weeks after the hijacking, Mrs. Jones saw Kenny at the Sumner Laundromat. She said, “We missed you at Thanksgiving.” Kenny, she says, told her he had been with Bernie Geestman, but wouldn’t comment on where they were or what they were doing. The most likely scenario goes like this: Kenny lands, and then disconnects the canopy from the harness and chute container, which looks like a backpack. He takes the money, which was in a ‘hapsack,’ the same kind that armored car guards carry. Knowing that this hapsack would draw attention to him, (it had leather handles and was made of canvas, co-pilot Bill Rataczak said) he transfers the bills to the container, buries the canopy, and dumps the harness elsewhere. Google up ‘Amboy Chute FBI’ for details on that. (And don’t believe the FBI when they say it wasn’t Cooper’s. They never actually said why it wasn’t, and even today call it ‘evidence in an ongoing case) Then he shoulders the backpack and walks out of the woods to the nearest payphone (they were everywhere back in 1971) and Geestman picks him up. They go back to the shop property in Oakville, maybe stay in the trailer for a day or two, and then drive back to Bonney Lake. That’s our best theory on what happened.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s